Monday, January 7, 2008

Post #0

Going to a technology-oriented high school I was required to take many classes either focused around or integrated with technology. As an underclassman these courses were fairly boring and repetitive; mostly due to the fact that the instructor acted as though I had only recently laid eyes on a computer. However, as I graduated to more advanced classes and more freedom and electives things became better. In a digital design class I learned how to work with a range of Adobe software including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Yet my most entertaining technology classes were my video and music classes. In music I learned music theory in a program called Sibelius, and composed two synthetic songs in a program called Cubase. Overall my experience with technology in high school has given me a fair amount of knowledge and experience with technology in a variety of ways, and I hope to be able to carry these experiences with me into the future.

In this class I hope to learn how to integrate technology into the classroom in ways that are innovative and fun. I already have some ideas regarding technology in the classroom, such as Smartboards, Blackboard, etc. I look forward to enhancing my future classroom with technology.

First off, I learned that I am extremely visual (I scored a 9! A 9!). Other than that I'm fairly balanced between the two sides in each aspect. More so, however, as I thought about each question I realized that my learning style or preference really depends upon the subject and the situation.

No comments: